This isn’t a full-on “recipe” – just another idea on what to cook in your Itaki Box 🙂
I love Chinese style steamed fish .. so I did a lazy version of it:
- 1 or 2 filets of frozen tilapia
- Pre-washed and cut cabbage and bokchoy
- Green onions
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Sukiyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman’s premade sauce in bottle)
- Place frozen fish fillets in itaki box with cabbage and bokchoy.
- Season to taste with garlic powder (optional)
- In separate ziplock bag, store cilantro and green onions.
- Measure the amount of rice you want in the upper compartment of the itaki box.
- In a little container, pack some sukiyaki sauce (up to you how much sauce you want)
I used this brand of sukiyaki sauce, but of course you can make your own sauce (I just enjoy the sweetness of this sauce with the fish)
- Store everything in fridge until you are ready to cook.
**WHEN YOU ARE READY TO COOK
- Pour sukiyaki sauce onto fish and veggies
- Put appropriate amount of water in the rice compartment.
- Put both cooking compartments together, and pour water into the itaki box (not into the cooking compartments itself).
- Cover and cook until “ready” light is on. (NOTE: before eating, check to make sure fish and rice is cooked… if not, simply add more water into the itaki box and cook longer).
- Once everything is cooked, garnish the fish with the cilantro and green onions, some added sukiyaki sauce if you like, and enjoy with the hot rice 🙂